Neck pain can be caused by several different things, including but not limited to strain from poor posture, osteoarthritis, and even injuries, such as whiplash. Neck pain is a common complaint among chiropractic care patients who are looking for pain relief. If you are experiencing acute or chronic neck pain and live in Auburn or the surrounding area, contact our team at Foundation Chiropractic to schedule an appointment with one of our chiropractors.
The Signs and Symptoms of Neck Pain
Depending on the cause, your neck pain may come with a variety of additional symptoms. Some of the common symptoms that are associated with neck pain include throbbing or stabbing pain in the neck, muscle tightness, spasms, pain when moving your head, and headaches.
What Causes Neck Pain?
The neck supports the entire weight of the head, which often gets stressed or strained. Some of the various causes of neck pain include:
- Muscle strain caused by poor posture or other activities that put pressure on your neck muscles.
- Worn joints occur as a part of the natural aging process.
- Osteoarthritis causes the cartilage between the vertebrae to deteriorate, resulting in neck pain.
- Nerve compression that occurs from herniated discs or bone spurs that press on the nerves near the neck and upper spine.
- Injuries, such as whiplash, can cause a strain of the soft tissues in the neck, resulting in radiating pain.
When to See a Doctor
It is vital to see a chiropractor for neck pain treatment when you have neck pain, if the pain worsens, becomes unbearable, spreads down the arms and legs, or is accompanied by numbness, weakness, tingling, or a headache.
Neck Pain Treatment
Our chiropractors can provide various forms of neck pain treatment, including spinal adjustments and massage therapy.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Chiropractors in Auburn, WA
If you are suffering from neck pain, contact our chiropractors to discuss your symptoms and create a neck pain treatment plan. We can provide an effective alternative treatment to traditional medicine, reducing your need for over-the-counter medications and invasive treatments. Call our team today at (253) 269-0261 to schedule an appointment with one of our chiropractors.