Spinal health is vital for your general wellbeing. Proper spinal alignment not only helps you maintain proper posture, but may also help with preventing lower back pain. If left unattended, spinal misalignment can cause movement difficulties and may affect your entire body. Spinal adjustments are a good standard treatment for lower back pain. The main objective of spinal adjustments is to increase your range of motion and improve functionality.
At Foundation Chiropractic in Auburn, WA, we provide innovative techniques and affordable healthcare for patients seeking chiropractic services. We offer specific spinal adjustments to our patients to help reduce pain, enhance joint motion, and improve posture. We also offer a variety of other chiropractic techniques. Our treatment methods are geared towards alleviating discomfort and preventing recurrent pain.
Symptoms of Spinal Misalignment
Spinal misalignments can have unexpected symptoms, many of which can compromise the quality of your life if not identified. If you experience any of the following symptoms, you may be suffering from a spinal misalignment.
- Impaired mobility: Difficulty in turning your head or hips and a feeling of a general reduced range of motion can result from spinal misalignment.
- Tissue damage: This is a feeling of painful movements in different parts of your body.
- Frequent fatigue: This is caused by impaired movements.
- Nerve damage: It results from blockage of the flow of chemicals and messages across the nerves.
- Back and neck pain: A misaligned spine can cause pain radiating throughout your whole back and other areas of your body.
Causes of Spinal Misalignment
Your spine is exposed to many risk factors, but the most common causes of spinal misalignment include:
- Inactivity or a sedentary lifestyle
- Performing a repetitive motion. The same motion repeatedly can cause vertebral subluxation.
- Having poor sleeping habits. Sleeping in the wrong position may end up stressing the spine.
- Emotional stress
Many cases of spinal misalignment are linked to a variety of lifestyle factors. However, we can help. We will perform a physical exam to determine any imbalances in your body. This will determine if a spinal alignment will help your condition.
Spinal adjustments are used to realign the spine and its vertebrae. Our chiropractors use manual or instrument-assisted techniques to do this. We apply force to different parts of your spine to adjust it back into place. You may hear popping sounds during your treatment, but this is just gas being released from your joints. Spinal adjustments are usually painless and can give quick pain relief. After several sessions with our chiropractors, your range of motion should improve. These adjustments can help alleviate pain in the back and neck, including nerve pain and muscle tension.
Visit Foundation Chiropractic
If you are suffering from back pain, a spinal adjustment can help. At Foundation Chiropractic in Auburn, WA, our chiropractic adjustments can help you return to normal activities. To learn more or to schedule an appointment, call us today.