Whiplash is a common neck injury that is chiefly related to involvement in an auto accident. Whiplash occurs when the muscles and ligaments of your neck are strained beyond their normal range of motion. This forward-backward movement of the head commonly culminates in a rear-end vehicle collision that involves abrupt acceleration or deceleration. Whiplash can cause injuries to various components of your neck, including cervical vertebrae, herniated discs, and neck muscles.
Chiropractic whiplash treatment is crucial after an accident because it assists in bringing back the spine to its correct alignment after experiencing whiplash. Together with our whiplash traumatology experts, our chiropractor understands how to approach healing from a holistic standpoint. At Foundation Chiropractic in Auburn, WA, we have been providing our patients with chiropractic care for whiplash treatment for many years.
What is Whiplash?
Whiplash is a prevailing injury to the neck and shoulders that occurs by an abrupt, unexpected movement that transpires after an auto collision. If left untreated, whiplash can lead to long-term pain and immobility. It's advisable to seek the services of a reputable chiropractor immediately after the accident occurs, even if symptoms are not currently present. Delaying in seeking help from a chiropractor may hamper the healing process, which could lead to pain and complications.
What Causes Whiplash?
Apart from a rear-end car collision, one can develop whiplash injury through other ways, including:
- Contact sports
- Work injury
- Other physical trauma such as falls
What Are the Symptoms of Whiplash?
Common symptoms of whiplash include:
- Tenderness in the neck and shoulders
- Blurry vision
- Limited range of motion
- Neck pain and stiffness
- Pain radiating from shoulders or arms
- Jaw pain
How Does a Chiropractor Help with Whiplash?
Our chiropractors at Foundation Chiropractic may employ varied chiropractic care techniques for whiplash treatment:
- Spinal adjustment: Spinal adjustments will help to restore your body’s natural alignment, which can relieve pain and improve the function of your central nervous system. It also helps to reduce inflammation and muscle and joint pain.
- Massage therapy: Massage therapy promotes circulation throughout the body, encouraging injured tissues to heal themselves.
- Stretches and exercises: Corrective exercises will strengthen your body, relieving your pain and minimizing the likelihood of it returning in the future.
- Nutrition counseling: Our chiropractor will advise you on a diet that will maintain the health of your body and suppress inflammation.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Chiropractors for Whiplash Treatment in Auburn, WA
If you have recently been involved in a car accident in Auburn, WA, the whiplash traumatology experts at Foundation Chiropractic are ready to assist you. Call us at (253) 269-0261 for more information on whiplash treatment or to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor.